Our Team – Pastors Andrew & Desiree Sanders (Magnetic)
Kit Foltz (Nursery)
Check out our YouTube page for past Children’s lessons provided during the COVID-19 Quarantine. We have resumed in person children’s services. Nursery is still not available. Please see our guidelines below. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
MAG Magnetic Kids COVID-19 Plan
- Facemasks are mandatory.
- Maintain distance from other volunteers and children whenever possible.
- Wash hands with soap and water for 20 secs before entering the children’s church area and after any necessary contact with any person.
- If you or anyone in your home is showing symptoms of Covid-19 or any other illness, please stay home. Contact Pastor Andrew or Pastor Desiree immediately, if you are unable to volunteer.
Children/Parents of Children
All children will be escorted to children’s church by a parent/guardian and checked in with one of our volunteers before they enter the children’s church space. Parent/guardian will be asked to confirm that the child does not have fever, shortness of breath or cough.
*Please wash or sanitize your child’s hands before check in.
- Facemasks are recommended for children while in the children’s church room and mandatory for any adult or youth that has to enter the children’s church room.
- If a child needs assistance to use the restroom, their parent or guardian will be sent a text message or sought out by a volunteer and asked to assist them. (We will ask for your phone number beforehand.)
- While weather is nice, we will be doing children’s church outdoors to aid in social distancing. Please dress your children accordingly.
- We will be separating out craft supplies and other activity supplies to avoid cross contamination and aid social distancing.
- Please talk with your children beforehand about the need to give their friends and our volunteers space while in children’s church.
- If you or anyone in your home is showing symptoms of Covid-19 or any other illness, please stay home.
- Once service has concluded, please come and collect your child from the children’s church room.
Additional Stay Safe Measures (while indoors)
- We will have children’s church outdoors as long as weather allows.
- No food or drink will be allowed in the children’s church room.
- Each child will be given a hula-hoop to aid them in social distancing.
- Prizes will be handed to each child by a gloved volunteer.
Magnetic Children’s Church – Sunday 10:00am (Large Classroom)
*We believe that families should worship together. Children are dismissed from the sanctuary following worship.
We are currently teaching our Bible Crash Course curriculum. (Previous video lessons can be found on our YouTube Page. Each Sunday children (ages 3-5th grade) learn stories and lessons from the Bible. Each lesson is accompanied with a variety of games and activities connected to the theme of the day.
Nursery – Sunday 10:00am (Nursery)
We provide a loving environment for babies and toddlers. Parents can enjoy the adult service knowing their children are in good hands.
Magnetic Children’s Church – Wednesday 7:00pm (Nursery)
We are currently doing KMC Curriculum – Fearless. Each Wednesday children (ages 3-5th grade) learn stories and lessons from the Bible. Each lesson is accompanied with a variety of games and activities connected to the theme of the evening.
BGMC (Boys & Girls Missionary Challenge – First Sunday of each month
BGMC is an Assemblies of God program created specifically for kids to learn about giving to missions. Each month kids collect change to give towards the goals they have set for the year. During lesson time, our children learn about a country or group of people that have benefited by BGMC. They eat a themed snack, learn local vocabulary, listen to a missionary story, and participate in themed games and activities. We also use this teaching time to bless Mason AG’s missionary kids by making birthday cards for each MK.
Michigan District Kids Camps
Each summer we encourage our 3rd – 5th graders to attend camp. Its a five-day summer camp filled with a variety of activities, relationship building, and most importantly learning about Jesus throughout the whole week. For more information, visit our district Assemblies of God website.
Volunteer Opportunities – Magnetic Kids and Nursery both have spots open for volunteers. Volunteers can expect to serve at least once a month. An application is available for those wishing to serve in either ministry and a background check will be required.
- Nursery Expectations: Help watch and instruct the infants and toddlers while the parents are in the service. Curriculum is provided to help teach them early biblical principles and help them KNOW JESUS!
- Magnetic Kids Expectations: Basic – sitting with children to help them focus, assisting the teacher with various tasks (games, reading, hall monitoring, etc.); Teaching – There are opportunities for teaching and subbing when our leaders must be absent. If this is something you are interested, please see Pastor Andrew or Pastor Desiree.
See our Calendar for addition children related events and activities.
Contact us if you have any questions about any of our ministry teams.